Fourth District PTA Advocacy Communicator
CUCPTSA Legislation Report
Download December Full Report December 2020 - List of Topics
- CUSD Board of Trustee Agendas, Minutes and Audio Recording links
- COVID-19 Information for Orange County
- Sacramento Safari with Fourth District PTA - SAVE the DATES - February 22-26, 2021
- Teleconferencing Points for Legislation Chairs - Fourth District PTA
- CA PTA Monthly Advocacy Calls
- CA PTA announces an all-virtual Legislation Conference on Fenruary 8-9, 2021. The theme is "A Path to Equity
- In a remarkable turnaround, California schools can expect huge one-time windfall next year.
- California to consider shorted Smarter Balanced tests this spring.
- Ed Sources Ed Freeman speaks with the State Superintendent Ton Thurmond related to the status of school openings.
- California voters pass most school construction bonds and parcel taxes, but fewer districts put bonds on the ballot this year.
- IDEA turns 45 - update to the status of the funding
- Community Colleges find an advocate in future First Lady Dr. Jill Biden.
- Tracking coronavirus is impacting school districts.
- Why Special Education advocates are hopeful about the Biden administration.
- Advocacy letters for National PTA by category: Child Health and Safety, Education Technology and Data Privacy, Elementary and Secondary Education, Federal Investments in Education, Gun Safety and Violence Protection, Post Secondary Access and Opportunity, Special Education
* 2020-2021 PTA Presidents, Unit Legislation Representatives and
Unit Special Ed Representatives are invited to Superintendent Parent Council