Phase 2 Visitor and Volunteer Guidelines
Greetings! We are pleased to share with you information regarding volunteer and visitor opportunities on our campuses during the school day.
Beginning October 4, 2021, CUSD will begin the process for allowing volunteers and visitors to be on our school campuses during the school day on a limited basis. Following California Department of Public Health (CDPH) guidelines, our schools will allow volunteers and visitors under certain circumstances and following specific requirements. We are calling this Phase 2 of our Volunteer and Visitor Plan.
VOLUNTEERS AND VISITORS:
Click here to access all details, requirements, and necessary forms!
MORE INFORMATION REGARDING VISITORS AND VOLUNTEERS
Opportunities for Visitors and Volunteers During the School Day
In alignment with CDPH guidelines, during Phase 2, families who would like to visit the campus or volunteer during the school day will have the following options:
· Volunteering may occur outdoors with either proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test.
· Volunteering may occur indoors in non-classroom spaces only with either proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test.
· Parents and visitors may attend specific outdoor events such as Jog-a-Thon and outdoor assemblies as long as at least 6 feet of distance is maintained.
Phase 2 follows CDPH guidelines to provide opportunities for on campus volunteering and visitors while also minimizing the possibility of exposure to COVID-19:
· 6 feet of distance between volunteers/visitors and students at all times, both indoors and outdoors.
· Masks worn appropriately when indoors at all times.
· Indoor and outdoor volunteers provide either proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test.
· We are not allowing volunteers in a classroom with students until Phase 3, which would tentatively begin January 15, 2022.
Instructions for Volunteering
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact the school. As volunteers are needed, you will be asked to complete the Request to Volunteer Form which includes the CUSD Process for Volunteers. Once you are approved:
· Volunteers choose either to:
§ Provide proof of vaccination as defined by the CDPH or
§ Commit to providing a negative COVID-19 test on the day of the campus visit
· For volunteers who have chosen to provide a negative COVID-19 test, they will utilize the OC CARE for COVID Program testing service (free of charge), and present their negative results on the day of their visit
§ Results must be from a test conducted within 7 days of the visit and be presented prior to entering campus
· COVID-19 Symptom Free Attestations. By entering a school campus, all visitors are attesting to the following:
§ “I am not experiencing any of the following symptoms associated with COVID-19: temperature of 100.4 (feeling feverish) or with chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, or diarrhea.”
§ “In the past two weeks, I have not had close contact with a person who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? This could include a person that has been tested for COVID-19 (because of possible infection) and is waiting for test results.”
Volunteering in Classrooms with Students Will Tentatively Begin on January 18, 2022
Opportunities to volunteer directly with students in classrooms will tentatively begin in January. This is called Phase 3 of our Visitor and Volunteer Plan. Our District is waiting to begin volunteering in classrooms until Phase 3 in order to closely monitor the number of positive cases in our community during winter break before increasing access to our classrooms. We are also waiting until Phase 3 in case there are any changes to CDPH guidelines that would impact volunteering in classrooms.
If you are interested in working directly with students during Phase 3, you would then be required to follow our Board Policy 1240 and be fingerprinted and submit to a background check as a “Tier 1” volunteer. Please contact your school office for more information to become a Tier 1 volunteer.
For More Information regarding our COVID-19 Safety Plan
For more information, please click here to visit our “Back to School Safety Plan COVID-19 Information” web page where you can access the COVID-19 Safety Plan.
Also, please continue to work with our school office team for any additional questions specific to your student or school.